I am Axel, the developer behind bakersperformanceindex.com and I hope this tool can help you in reviewing the baking services you're using.
The basic idea behind it was:
- delegate the same amount of xtz to baking services, in our case 10xtz
- delegate at the very same cycle, in our case at cycle 34
- collect and display data in a simple and raw manner
So I delegated 10xtz at cycle 34 to 60 bakers.
There are basically 3 major columns:
- cycle 34-->n-2
- cycle n-1
- cycle n
Each column has 3 sub-columns
Rewards/ROI/Balance are headers for each column.
Let's take an example: Hayek Lab for the column cycle 34 --> cycle 88 (at this time 27th march 2019, cycle 90 in Tezos Time)
- Rewards: 0.268
- ROI: 2.681%
- Balance 10.268
So between cycle 34 & 88, Hayek Lab had distributed 0.268XTZ of rewards for 10XTZ delegated, which makes a ROI of 2.68% for this period of 54 cycles.
If we annualize with the following figures:
- Number of cycles in a year: 365/3 = 121.66
- 121.66/54 = 2.25 (we've baked for 54 cycles in a 121.66 cycles)
- Annualized return for Hayek Lab: 2.25*2.68%=6.03%
I think numbers are consistent
If we take the figures for cycle 89, we have:
- Rewards 0.0058
- ROI: 0.056% (we have a ROI of 0.056% for one cycle)
This is the balance we have after baking during 55 cycles. The annualized ROI with the ROI at cycle 89: 0.0058*121.66= 6.77%
Figures are once again consistent.
If I do not annualize ROI is because, imagine the baker you choose, for one reason or another, does not distribute the rewards, your annualized ROI is not the same.
I just want to rely on proven figures, all the data displayed is the data we have right now and not plans on the future.
After one year or 121 cycles or at cycle 155, we will have one year data so the ROI will be quite exact.
Few more comments:
If some bakers display 0, is just we did not get any reward from them for various reasons:
- 10xtz < Minimun Delegated Amount accepted
- Anonymous delegation not authorized by baker
- baker is a scam, node not working...
I wish I could delegate 1000 xtz to all baking services at cycle 100. I am trying to convince bakers to get on board.
Many new features are coming, but their development takes time & resources.
You can get in touch with me at email@example.com for sharing ideas.